Category: Anime, Fandom, Game
You know you’re an otaku when…
Taking up the mantle of otaku is a hefty ambition. People often mistake a simple adoration of a particular series as a sign of otaku. How about just watching Cartoon Network? Wrong! Believe me, I am an otaku. There are signs to watch out for and if you fall into at least one of these habits, then pat yourself on the back; you are a true otaku. Although, if you are here at Otakufanboy.com, there’s a good chance that you’re already one.
- Having terabytes of anime, manga, music, and anything Japanese on your hard drive.
- Learning Japanese so that you can read raw manga scans, games, and anime.
- Your room would put the library of Alexandria to shame if it was shelved with media and random accessories from Japan.
- Your porn stash isn’t of RL girls, but of animated girls from your favorite series.
- You know what RL means, and you think it’s over-rated.
- You do cosplay for a living, somehow everyday.
- Move to Japan to be closer to the source.
- Replaced the photos in your room with illustrated girls (or boys).
- Talk like you have a permanent helium addiction.
- And the most damning and the crowning glory of an otaku, spending 90% of your income on anything Japanese. (And by extension, resulting in your eating ramen and withholding on hygiene to cut down on the cost of living.)